Just to pass the time...

Started this as when I used to get back from work, I was usually so hyped I couldn't sleep for a couple of hours. Now just sort of carried it on for the fun, I try to make it funny, if it isn't please don't hurt me... Anyway, try to enjoy :)

Monday 11 May 2015

Alcohol

So nowadays yeah, alcoholism is a huge problem

Having experienced it second-hand on two separate accounts, excuse me from being unwilling to go to parties where everyone ends up completely out of their minds, jumping through fires, ripping off banisters, throwing up in every which direction and where people end up going missing.

By all means, go ahead! But please don't expect me to come with you and watch you all making stupid, half-witted decisions like throwing yourself down a flight of stairs to have a cover story for your injuries.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against drinking. I like to have a couple of glasses of wine with my family when we go out for dinner, and I accept that in moderation alcohol can make people feel more at ease. Even to the point where you're a bit tipsy, I'm fine with that.

But why would you drink so much that you make yourself sick? That you put yourselves and others in danger? You have no idea what you're doing? Say one night you got so drunk you tried to drive home? What if you ran over someone? Think of the consequences, not only punishment but the psychological effects it'll have on you. Imagine having to live with that,

Half the time you don't remember anything anyway. So what's the point?

You know what? I might even stretch to say that having a party where you get wasted every now and then isn't so bad.

But
Almost
Every
Single
Weekend
?

What?? Why?? Why would you do that to yourselves? You must live with hangovers! How are your livers still functioning properly?

I fear that if I get drunk, I will become violent and antisocial. When I'm a little tipsy, I'm quite comical. I had a glass of wine on an empty stomach once with hilarious results. I messages two of my best friends asking why steps look like angry teeth, and whether the unicorns were angry at me for telling people that they were real.

Needless to say, they thought I'd had something stronger than a glass of Pinot Grigio. Try cocaine.

The next day I ended up passing out (...suspected low blood sugar...) so it's assumed that the two were related.

Never drink on an empty stomach. It will not end up in your favour.

When my mum gets tipsy, she's like me. On holiday in Florida she spent a walk back to the flat after eating out in a restaurant attempting to lift up my dress in front of passers-by. I can safely say I was not amused. She likes to say now that she was showing off my legs.

I thought parents were supposed to do the opposite of showing off their children to random strangers in what may be considered a sexualised manner.......

So also, in one evening, pelted my 13 year old brother with Hershey's Kisses as they tasted disgusting and then made me film her sneak-attack tickling him. My finger very nearly got broken and swelled up massively during this event.

Just goes to show, really.

Some people get so aggressive after a drink though and I don't want ti find out if I am one of these people.

Who knows, maybe I'll be a violent fringe-midge?

It's in my blood. I don't want to be a violent person. I want to be the happy-go-lucky girl I am now.

Also, I know that if I end up at a party where everyone's pissed I will get frightened and I will end up fixing people up. As a trainee lifeguard I know what to do and it'll end up as girl vs. world and me trying to play Jesus. And I'll be hated for it.

I don't want to be a stuck-up goody two-shoes but this is my gut feeling. I'm not doing it because it's illegal. I just don't want to see people unable to control themselves. I just don't want to become out of control, I like to know what I'm doing.

I'm spontaneous enough without the extra help.


No comments:

Post a Comment